I'd love to hang my clothes outside to dry. And this is fairly cheap and easy... I just need to get a clothes line and get started!!!
But my other "want" in this area is not so cheap and not so easy... I'd love to have solar energy panels to collect energy for my household use. Some electirc companies accept residual energy backinto the system so that you 'could' even get a refund some months from your energy company... AWESOME! But my company doesn't do that. Here is a repost of info that I think is particularly interesting. It is from http://www.norwexrace.com/amysgreenblog/solar-energy/
"5 AMAZING THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT SOLAR ENERGY
2014 was the biggest year ever for solar power—and for some pretty good reasons. Since solar power reduces the use of fossil fuels, it’s one of the most environmentally friendly power sources available. And it’s gaining in popularity.
Solar energy usage has increased by about 20% per year over the last 15 years. As costs continue to decline, large utility companies and third-party installers are finding new ways to bring solar energy to customers. Other reasons for the rise in solar power’s popularity are the stable federal incentives and improved state incentives.
Benefits of Using Solar Energy:
- Solar power is an infinitely renewable energy source. Unlike limited oil, coal and gas supplies, the sun’s energy is endless.
- It reduces utility costs. Up to 48% of a home’s energy expenditures go toward heating and cooling. If you live in North America, use this Solar Calculator to determine how much you could save by switching to solar.
- It’s free.
- It’s clean.
- Tax credits or other incentives may be available in your area.
Environmental Impact: Some solar power systems claim to offset 30 tons of C02 over 30 years. That’s like:
- Planting 2,400 trees
- Saving 80,000 gallons of water used in electricity production
- Or saving 16 tons of coal from being burned for energy
Clearly solar power is on the rise. It will be interesting to see all the wonderful ways this amazing power is harnessed for the good of our planet!"
AWESOME!!!! I want to be a part of this! Now.... just to figure out how to make it cost effective up front!