First I decided to use safer personal care products. I have started by switching out one toxic product for a safe one. Such as:
- I will be switching antibacterial hand soap for a safer choice that has no sodium lauryl or other caustic ingredients.
- I am looking for a new shampoo that doesn’t include parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium laureth sulfate.
- I will stop using chapsticks or lipsticks that contain parabens.
Next up is my kitchen. How can I make better choices?
- First I want to stop buying products that use so much packaging. I have been buying more and more fresh foods that have little if any packaging and when I buy frozen vegetables or fruit I purchase the largest possible bags and then repackage into smaller reusable containers.
- I have already started a reusable glass container collection – switching out glass containers for my old plastic containers. Specifically I aim to stop using plastic in the microwave. Do you know what chemicals are released every time you cook plastic in the microwave?
- Once I’ve made these changes and it’s a regular part of my life, then I will make another change and another change. I plan to keep changing! Before long, my life will become much safer. So here is my invitation to you: JOIN ME!
What will you do to clean all that *junk* out of your life? What troubles you the most? Post your thoughts and ideas below!
Credits to "Accidentally Green" for information on dangerous chemicals found in our homes. http://www.accidentallygreen.com/